Full Time Receptionist
The Wycliffe is looking for a Full Time Receptionist.
- Previous experience in a Customer Service role
- Must be at least 18 years old and have a National Insurance Number
- Highly proficient in both written and spoken English and effective communication skills
- Adaptability – so as to be productive at both busy and quiet times
- A Professional but friendly manner – ensuring the delivery of positive customer care
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Consistent motivation – attendance, standard of work and team working
- The employee is required to maintain a professional and positive image through his/her dress and appearance and personal hygiene.
- Available to work shifts 5 days a week, Monday to Sunday, between 6:30am and 22:30pm
- Additional languages beneficial
- Use of a Hotel management software
- Experience in working in a bar and/or restaurant
- Living locally
- Staff lunch provided, during break
- Car Park
- Holiday allowance
- Training on how to use Fivestar Hotel reservation system
Your duties will be:
The receptionists will be the first point of contact between the guests and the hotel.
You will be checking guests in, in a friendly and professional manner, while ensuring their privacy is maintained. You will be responsible for providing room keys and outlining the services offered by the hotel.
Throughout the guest’s stay, the receptionist will be on hand to help with special requests and ensuring a smooth and comfortable stay, going the extra mile and anticipating customer needs.
In the mornings you will be preparing bills, handling cash and credit card payments, preparing invoices, and checking-out guests.
When working mornings, you will help the restaurant staff with serving breakfast and setting the restaurant.
Throughout the day, it will be the receptionist responsibility to take bookings over the phone, in person and by email, for both the restaurant and the hotel; checking availability; take guests on show around of the restaurant if necessary; chasing provisional bookings and taking deposits.
At times, you will be taking messages for guests you will need to pass on to them, you will answer questions where a knowledge of the area is required, and you occasionally be dealing with complaints or problems, which will require the receptionist to stay calm under pressure and be able to deal with multiple tasks at once.
You will ensure that emails are answered promptly and that your work area is clean and tidy.
The reception area being the core of the business, you will often need to pass messages to other departments, such as kitchen and housekeeping, and we ask that it should be done in the most efficient way, showing a capacity for prioritisation.
Health & Safety
You must ensure that all safety measures are followed at all times, including understanding the hotel’s fire procedure.
Being a small family-run business, you will be asked to work in different departments, such as helping in the restaurant, serving drinks in the bar and helping in housekeeping at the busiest times. Not one day is the same in the daily life of a hotel and it makes for a challenging and motivating environment to work in, where you have the chance to apply, improve and learn new skills every day and you will be supported by a strong and experienced team. We ask that you are prepared to work as part of the team.
In an environment where staff come from a variety of backgrounds & nations, it is important that all requests between work colleagues are listened to & spoken with care & courtesy. Clarifying understanding when necessary & ensuring at all times that work colleagues are never made to feel uncomfortable or embarrassed.
The above job description is not meant to be an exhaustive list of duties but outlines the principle areas of responsibility. For a chance of an interview, send your CV to email@example.com or you can also drop it in person at reception. We will consider all applicants and we will communicate and interview date if successful.